1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of the last day of the month prior to the date of entry. Employees of Yale Security Inc. (“Sponsor”) and its parent ASSA ABLOY, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies and those entities involved in the preparation of materials for, administration and/or execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively “Promotion Entities”) and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether or not related) as any of the foregoing employees are ineligible. Sweepstakes starts 9:00am Pacific Time (“PST”) on June 21, 2014 and ends at 11:59pm PST on July 5, 2014 (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeping device of this Sweepstakes.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter during the Promotion Period (“Entry”): (1) go to http://a.pgtb.me/9tQPsn (2) like the Yale Real Living Facebook Page (3) submit their name, address, email and zip code to be entered into the sweepstakes. Entry requires entrants to submit the following personal information at the time of Entry and/or the time of any Prize verification, depending on the Entry method selected: name,, email address, daytime phone number and zip code. Entries must be received by 11:59pm (PT) on July 5, 2014, to be considered eligible for a Prize.
Entrants, at their option and discretion, may elect to “opt-in” to receive future marketing and promotional communications from Sponsor. Choosing to “opt-out” or “opt-in” will not affect entrants’ chances of winning.
All winners are subject to determination of eligibility and verification before any Prize will be awarded. All eligible Entries received will be entered into a random drawing held by Sponsor (or its authorized representative) on July 7, 2014 at 5:00pm (PST). By entering, all entrants and winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and its authorized representatives, which are final and binding in all matters concerning this Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) Entry per person, regardless of Entry method used. Multiple Entries are not permitted. If more than one Entry is received from one email address, only the first Entry submitted will be considered valid. Entries through a sweepstakes club or similar entry, cheating, fraud, or any other unauthorized methods will void all entrants’ Entries and such entrant will be disqualified.
Submitting mass Entries or Entries generated by an automated program, script, macro or use of any other devices is prohibited and will result in disqualification. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
Proof of Entry submissions is not proof of its receipt by Sponsor or eligibility for the Sweepstakes. Only eligible Entries received by Sponsor during the Promotion Period will be eligible for participation. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant in the Sweepstakes, the Entry will be deemed completed by the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter the Sweepstakes. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All Entries will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder. Promotion Entries are not responsible for later, lost, misdirected, incomplete, delayed, stolen, invalid, unintelligible, technically corrupted, garbled or illegible Entries, which will be disqualified, or for any failure to capture Entries, or problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic.
All entrants and Entries are subject to verification prior to the awarding of any Prize, as are the eligibility, age and other information provided by a potential Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to and may conduct a voluntary background check on any or all potential winners, and such individuals agree to cooperate, to confirm eligibility and to help ensure that awarding a Prize to any such individual will not bring the Promotion Entries into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Sweepstakes or the Promotion Entries as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any potential winner refusing the voluntary background check will forfeit the potential Prize.
3. PRIZE DRAWING: On July 7, 2014, Sponsor (or its authorized representative) will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
4. PRIZES, ODDS OF WINNING: There is one (1) Prize in total (each a “Prize; collectively “Prizes”) as set forth below. Winner will be notified via telephone or email (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) on or within 2 weeks following the date of the drawing to verify eligibility and compliance.
Grand Prize (1): Yale Real Living™ Key Free Touchscreen Deadbolt
Total ARV of all Prizes: US $200.00
A. Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
B. In the event of noncompliance, or if a potential winner cannot be reached at the email address on his/her Entry after the second attempt, or if notification is ignored or not timely responded to for whatever reason beyond the control of Sponsor, the Prize will be forfeited, and an alternate potential winner will be selected. If any Prize or Prize notification is returned as unclaimed, undeliverable or un-awarded, then the Prize will be forfeited and will not be (re)awarded. No assignment, transfer, or substitution of a Prize, in whole or in part, is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value at is sole discretion.
Total approximate retail value (ARV) of Prize offered: US $200.00
5. CONDITION OF PARTICIPATION: Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are void. The potential winners will be subject to verification by Sponsor or its authorized representatives, whose decisions are final and binding. An entrant is not a winner of a Prize, unless and until said entrant’s eligibility has been verified and said entrant has been notified that verification is complete and any documentation necessary for verification has been received and approved by Sponsor or its authorized representatives.
Acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name, biographical information, opinions, voice, photograph and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, review, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical, human or other error in the printing of Sweepstakes communications and/or collateral advertising materials, administration of the Sweepstakes, processing of the Entries or in the announcement of the Prizes or in any other communications, materials, or information associated with the Sweepstakes. If, through printing or production error, or for any other reason whatsoever, more Prizes are claimed for any Prize category than intended and/or set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award such Prize(s) by random drawing from all eligible claimants for that Prize level, or as otherwise deemed equitable by Sponsor. Unclaimed, undeliverable, returned or un-awarded prizes will not be (re)awarded. Only the number of Prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud/cheating, technical failures, human error, or any other causes, technological or otherwise, which corrupt, disrupt or otherwise affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend any and all aspects of the Sweepstakes, and Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to select the winners from eligible Entries received prior to the date of such action or as otherwise deemed equitable by Sponsor. Sponsor further reserves the right to refuse, disqualify, or withdraw any entrant and/or entry at any time before or after the Promotion Period. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it suspects, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process of the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be cheating, or acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Caution: Any attempt by any individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made. Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law.
6. INDEMNIFICATION: Each winner agrees, by accepting a Prize, and each entrant agrees, by participating in this Sweepstakes, to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, web development companies, advertising and promotional agencies, Yale Real Living, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, Prize suppliers and any other companies participating in the design, administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes and their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, and agents (collectively “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability for any threatened or actual injuries, losses, settlements (whether or not litigation is commenced), or damage of any kind to person, including death or disability, or property, arising in whole or in pert, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a Prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or inability to participate in parts thereof including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, and whether or not caused in whole or in part by the negligence of one or more of the Released Parties. Participants covenant not to sue any Released Party or cause them to be sued regarding any matter released above; and further covenant not to disaffirm, limit or rescind this release. A waiver by one or more of the Promotion Entities of any term in these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of any other provision.
7. LIMITAITON OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY ENTRANTS ACCESS TO AND USE OF (OR FAILURE TO ACCES/USE) THE PROMOTIONAL WEBSITES (INCLUDING ANY MOBILE WEBSITES AND/OR MICRO SITES PERTAINING TO THE SWEEPSTAKES) OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING OF MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE WEBSITE, WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EXCEPT FOR ANY STANDARD WARRANTY THAT MAY BE PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTURER OF A PRIZE TO THE WINNER, IF ANY, SPONSOR HAS NOT MADE, AND SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IN ANY MANNER FOR, ANY WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THEIR QUALITY, MECHANICAL CONDITION, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitation or exclusions of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties.
8. INTERNET/WIRELESS SERVICES: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of Entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software, telephone or other communications, incompatibility, malfunctions or limitation of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive information by Sponsor on account of technical problems, lost or unavailable network connections, telephone connections, wireless device connections or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website or any combinations thereof, of for any force majeure event beyond its reasonable control.
9. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the Grand Prizes award shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court in San Francisco, California; and (ii) in addition to the limitation in Section 7 of these Official Rules, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Sweepstakes winner, send a separate self-addressed, sufficiently stamped envelope to: Yale Real Living™ Sweepstakes Winners List, Yale Locks & Hardware, 100 Sargent Drive, New Haven, CT 06511 USA. Requests must be received by December 31st, 2014. Limit one request per person, per household.
12. SPONSOR: The name and addresses of the Sponsor is Yale Real Living™ – Yale Locks & Hardware (Yale Security Inc.), 100 Sargent Drive, New Haven, CT 06511 USA.